Explore our catalog
Welcome to the Adler Park School Virtual Learning Center
Every class at Adler, from kindergarten to fifth grade, will have a weekly library meeting with Ms. Carr to work on library and information literacy skills.
Our curriculum is guided by the Illinois Standards-Aligned Instruction for School Libraries. Students will:
- access information efficiently and effectively to inquire, think critically, and gain knowledge
- evaluate information critically and competently
- use information accurately, creatively, and ethically to share knowledge and participate collaboratively and productively as members of our democratic society
- appreciate literature and other creative expressions of thoughts and pursue knowledge related to personal interests and aesthetic growth
- understand and practice Internet safety when using any electronic media for educational, social or recreational purposes
- What is the process for checking out library books?
- Grades K-2 will borrow up to four books for one week, due on their library day as listed below. Grades 3-5 may also borrow up to four books, due in two weeks.
- What electronic resources do you offer?
- When is my child's library day?
- K Dorf - Tuesday
- K Wisek - Wednesday
- 1 Gasick - Friday
- 1 Marcum - Wednesday
- 2 Koenig - Tuesday
- 2 Turner - Friday
- 3 Bleichman - Tuesday
- 3 Walker - Thursday
- 4 Bauer - Wednesday
- 4 Marsh - Thursday
- 5 De Paz - Thursday
- 5 Piskule - Thursday
We appreciate your help in caring for our collection!
Please help your child find a safe place to keep school library books at home where they cannot be damaged by water bottles, pets, younger siblings, weather, food, etc.
If a book is accidentally damaged, PLEASE do not attempt to fix it yourself! We have special book tape and glue that can resolve most problems. If a book is lost or damaged beyond repair, it must be paid for, but this is very rare.
Erin Carr, Learning Center Director
Amy Richter, Learning Center Clerk